Wednesday, November 15, 2006

No Place Like the White House

Former Democratic Vice Presidential nominee John Edwards appeared on The Daily Show last evening to promote his new book, Home: The Blueprints of Our Lives. The book is a compliation of narratives from over 60 Americans, sharing stories about their homes either as children or adults. Jon Stewart asked Edwards if he was running for President and Edwards said stay tuned to his website JohnEdwards.com.

While I don't own a home of my own (yet), my second childhood home probably held the most impact for my life's blueprint...so far. The house watched me get ready for my first job at the local public library, for my second job at the local movie theatre, provided a parking spot for my first car-- Brownie the Sentra-- helped to observe countless family dinners, and even watched me head off to two different colleges (Go Hoyas). Remembering a house can assist in the recall of so many other great memories. It is an interesting book concept for a politician. I'll have to check it out.

No comments: