Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Straight Xenophobia-Talk Express

John McCain desperately wants to be popular.

While in Iowa this weekend, McCain said that “Immigration is probably a more powerful issue here than almost anyplace that I’ve been.”

However, he actually meant to say, "Republicans in Iowa are more willing to publicly immigrant-bash than anyplace I've been."

Or maybe he meant to say, "Because I really want to win the Iowa caucuses, I'm going to pretend that angry white people saying things like 'They're stealing from us' or 'We need to build a fencce' moves my soul and prompts me to consider a total flip-flop on my immigration stance."

In related news, McCain visited New Hampshire Monday and noted, "Immigration is probably a more powerful issue here than almost anyplace that I’ve been."

No comments: